Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas in My Home Town + Christmas Carol Remix

I was fortunate enough to fly back to Colorado and visit my dad and stepmom during our school's fall break this year. Smog-free air, crisp temperatures and wild animals roaming about made up the perfect setting for a great week with my family. The trip started out with a surprise limo ride to the airport, complete with Michael Jackson music already playing when I climbed inside. Once in Colorado, there were fires in the fireplace and ATV rides around the property. There was also plenty of shopping, conversation, and relaxation. I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving holiday!

At the start of my trip, I left California in full Thanksgiving mode. When I returned from Colorado on Black Friday it was already beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The smell of freshly baked pumpkin pie-cinnamon rolls greeted me at the door. And once I had recovered from my exhausting travels, the Christmas carols began to hum and the decorations went up.

As they do every year, the Christmas lights around my neighborhood encourage me to go for walks/runs at night. Seeing the houses lit up, helps to take a little sting out of what sometimes feels like the chore of working out. And I need all the work outs I can get, so as to negate some of the calories I take in due to my fierce eggnog habit.

In the spirit of the season, I've decided to remix a classic Christmas melody- J.History Girl Style! I present to you J. History Girl's "The 12 Days of Christmas," enjoy! :

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
12 Dirty Diana tees
11 Pretty Paintbrushes
10 Lights a Glowing
9 Seasonal Lattes Brewing
8 Mugs of Eggnog
7 Sweet Sweaters!
6 Great Artifacts
5 Bedazzled Rings!
4 Candy Canes
3 French Christmas Carols
2 History Books
 and a Sparkley Christmas Tree



1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I love the picture and I love your remix of the 12 days of Christmas!!! Nice!!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete