Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dean Cain Might Be The Solution!

I recently rented one of my favorite childhood shows, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. The other day I came across a Christmas episode from the final season. The villain in the story wanted to rule the world, and in order to seize power he needed to eliminate hope. This villain from another dimension set the world in a time loop of only a few hours. Every time the loop started over, the world became more and more hopeless. With each loop the Christmas tree got smaller, the evening news grew more depressing, and the characters became increasingly apathetic.


 I've been thinking about that episode a lot. Its always funny to me how certain songs, books or television shows find you at the right time. They mirror what you've been experiencing and provide a little bit of comfort, demonstrating that you aren't the only one to have ever thought or felt a certain way. There's also a bit of comfort in the divine way that the piece finds you at the right time.

So lately at work I've been recalling that Christmas episode (and not just because I love Dean Cain so much.) This feeling of apathy, hopelessness, and frustration may even stretch outside the walls of work.  The office just seems to almost be a petri dish of this moody aura. Perhaps I'm simply projecting my own low morale and frustration. As much as I try, my approach to a task is never "right." As much as I want to voice my opinion, I know it will only go unheard by the same person(s) who won't even look me in the eye. I follow the rules and the rules aren't even respected by those who are supposed to enforce them.
And just from doing my job, I get assigned some nasty nicknames.

I'm hopeful the tide will change toward a brighter outlook. I just hope that I don't have to wait for Dean Cain to swoop in and save my version of the Daily Planet. Don't get me wrong, that would definitely do the trick!!! But, I'm sure I'd be waiting for awhile.... I mean the odds of that happening are pretty low, I know.... but stranger things have happened, right?.... I mean you never know when he might have car trouble outside of my office...... ya, have car trouble and then start a Christmas sing along, like in that episode I was describing?..... No, that probably won't happen.... Whatever, it's cool. :) Things will likely shift back to the positive on their own .................. (My fingers are still secretly crossed for the Dean Cain method of solving this situation though. Most situations can be improved with a little Dean Cain!)

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, girlie! I know EXACTLY what you're going through because I'm experiencing the same thing at work. :/ I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That was a good episode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jenny!!!!! We should get some coffee and vent! :) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete